Thinking about moving to Spain? You are doing the right thing. It is one of best countries to live in Spain. There are many beautiful places and communes in the country. So get your luggage ready, but first read about the best cities to live in Spain.
10 top best cities to live in Spain
Cost of Living Index: 64.56
Rent Index: 29.66
Local purchasing power: 77.76
In 2014, Monocle magazine entitled Madrid as the 17th best city to live in the World. That is the reason that Madrid qualifies the criteria to be the best cities to live in Spain. The quality of life in the city is of high standards, because it has the highest growing income in Spain. Moreover, Madrid has the third largest GDP in the European Union. It has a rich culture, and archeological hierarchy. Several industries contribute to the economy of the country, including fashion, sports, tourism, arts, digital industry, and other industries in the city.
Why you should live in Madrid?
There are a number of reasons that attract people to live in Madrid. Some of them are listed below:
- People should live in Madrid because it is the capital city, which means people can access transport easily to any city of Spain, or the rest of Europe.
- Living in Madrid, people can enjoy the beautiful Spanish recipes, and the amazing Bella dancing culture of the city.
- There are several tourist destinations in Madrid, especially the Reina Sofia museum, which is one the biggest museum in the World.
- People can enjoy the different sports event in the city. The city is the home city of two FIFA clubs including Madrid FC, and Atletico de Madrid.
- Madrid stays alive until late at night. People can enjoy music, food, and, shopping even to the last hours of the night.
What are the best places to live in Madrid?
La Latina is the best neighborhood to live in the city. Other places include, Malasaña, Chueca, Sol, Lavapies, and several other neighborhoods.
Cost of living index: 64.15
Rent index: 28.04
Groceries index: 54.26
Barcelona is one of the most visited cities in Spain. Forbes listed Barcelona as the 10th most visited cities in the World. Barcelona has the 4rth largest GDP in the European Union. It is the home city of Barcelona FC sports club. Antonio Gaudi works in Barcelona are the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, especially the Sagrada la familia. There are many great beaches, parks, and museums in the city.
Why you should live in Barcelona?
• Barcelona is the tourist hotspot in Spain. There are many beautiful historic buildings to visit in the city.
• People can enjoy the Mediterranean climate while living in the city.
• It is the home city of the famous football club, i.e. Barcelona F.C.
• Shopping malls, cafes, parks, beaches, and museums are some of the features of the city.
• You can enjoy musical events in the Grand Theatre del Liceu and L’Auditori.
• You can easily discover some of the famous travel sights while on your feet.
• Montjuic Mountain in Barcelona is one of the notable places to visit in Spain.
There is no doubt in saying that Barcelona is one of the best cities to live in Spain.
Best places to live in Barcelona
Top neighborhoods to live in Barcelona include El Raval, El born, Barceloneta, Gracia, Pablo nuo, and several other neighborhoods.
Cost of living index: 54.2
Rent index: 13.37
Groceries index: 47.14
Granada is the capital city of the province of Granada. It is a popular tourist destination, as the famous Alhambra castle is located in the city. The Sierra Nevada mountain range is located nearby the city. There are several beautiful destinations in the city, including, Alhambra castle, Generalife fountains, neighborhoods of Albayzin, and the Sacromonte neighborhoods.
Why to move your family to Granada?
- Moving around the city is very easy. Most of the places in the city are close to each other and people can easily access any area with only a few minutes’ drive.
- You will be living in a beautiful climate. Winters are cold, and summers are a bit hot, but not humid, as compared to other cities of the country.
- Rent is quite cheap in Granada as compared to Barcelona and Madrid.
- People can visit the Sierra Nevada mountain resort, not much far away from the city
Best places to visit in Granada
Some good places to live in Granada include Albaicin, Realejo, Ronda, Los Pajaritos, and San Anton areas.
Cost of living index: 52.72
Rent index: 17.96
Groceries index: 43.03
Malaga City is the silicon valley of Europe. Several IT companies have invested their money in the Malaga Valley. Major industries include tourism, commerce, construction, and technology. Malaga has a subtropical-Mediterranean climate, having the warmest temperature as compared to the other cities of Malaga. Major tourist sites include Picasso museum, Gibralfaro castle, Alcazaba palace, and the beaches of Costa del Sol.
Best places to live in Malaga
Fuengirola, Benalmadena and Torremolinos are the best places to live in the Malaga City.
Cost of living index: 55.56
Rent index: 17.57
Groceries index: 46.59
Valencia is the 3rd biggest city in Spain, after Barcelona and Madrid. The port of Valencia is the 5th busiest in Europe. It has a strong economy, influenced by tourism, telecommunication, transport, and construction industry. There are several beautiful sights in València including, Llotja de la Seda, Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències, Museu de Belles Arts de València, L’Oceanogràfic, and many other destinations.
5 Reasons to live in Valencia
- People can enjoy Mediterranean sands and beautiful beaches. La Malvarrosa beach, El Saler, Port Saplaya, Sagunto beach, Cullera, and Northern Costa Blanca, are a few famous beaches in Valencia.
- People can enjoy tasty food in Valencia. Xufa and Paella are a few famous recipes to try in the city.
- People can enjoy World class festivals including, Tomato fights, and Las Fallas festivals.
- Excellent transport services, especially the AVE trains that provide access to multiple locations in Valencia to the other cities of Spain.
- Top education institutes are available to people in Valencia. Such as the University of Valencia that was founded in 1499, still working and providing education opportunities to students in Spain and those from the overseas.
Best places to live in Valencia
The best neighborhoods to live in Valencia include the old city center, Canovas, and Ruzafa. People also love to live in the nearby villages of L’Eliana, Puçol, and Betera.
Cost of living index: 68.09
Rent index: 27.18
Groceries index: 60.73
Bilbao is the largest city in the province of Biscay. The city derives its economy from commerce, construction, and tourism. The main sights to see in Bilbao are the Guggenheim Museum that drives thousands of tourists every year to the city. Mainstream of tourists come from the other cities of Spain, also foreigners visit the city. But the local tourists are more than that of foreigners.
What are the best places to live in Bilbao
The 5 best places to live in Bilbao include Casco Viejo, Bonus-Getxo, Uribarri, Deusto, and Indautxu neighborhood.
The economy of Logrono is mainly based on the export of Spanish wines. Tourism is also a contributor to the economy of the city. The tourist sites in Logrono include, Iglesia de San Bartolomé, Iglesia de Santiago, Iglesia de Palacio, and Museo de La Rioja.
Why should you live in Logrono?
People in Logrono enjoy a clean and safe environment. Excellent health care services are provided to people, to enjoy every moment of their lives.
Cost of living index: 59.97
Rent index: 18.05
Groceries index: 48.3
Girona is located 99 km northeast of Barcelona. The city has a humid-subtropical climate. The economy of the city depends up tourism, telecommunication, and transport services. There are many tourist locations in the city , including the old city walls, Sant Feliu church, Girona cathedral, and the Plaça de la Independència.
Why should you live in Girona?
- Girona cost of living is cheaper as compared to other cities of Madrid, Valencia, and Barcelona.
- Hiking and biking opportunities are available in Girona. You can easily access the Mare de Deu del Mont located in closed proximity to Girona city.
- Higher education opportunities are available at the University of Girona.
- Food and beverages in Girona are very cheap. People can buy tapas at the cost of 1 euro.
- You can rent 3 bedrooms rooms, at the cost of 800 euros.
Pamplona is the capital city of Navarre, famous for its yearly event of bull running. Several other festivals are also celebrated every year in Pamplona. The city economy is heavily dependent on automobile industry, construction, metalworking, and food processing. The factory of the famous automobile company, Volkswagen is located in the city. People can get higher education from the University of Navarre.
Why should you live in Pamplona?
- People can enjoy yearly celebrations of San Fermin, Christmas, and the New Year festivals
- People who like going outdoor will find the city as a best place to live in.
- Moving around and making friends in Pamplona is very easy.
- Cost of living is very cheap in Pamplona. Groceries and rental prices in the city are cheap as compared to many other cities or communes in Spain.
Jerez de la Frontera
Jerez is the motorcycle capital of the World. The city offer people all the fun activities including flamenco dance, sherry wines. MotoGP racing, FIFA sports, and lot of other activities. The city mainly derives its economy by the export of sherry, tourism, and the automobile industry. Los Alcornocales Natural Parks lies within the borders of the city. There are a huge number of different species of flora and fauna located in the National Park. Major fauna species are cork trees, olive trees, alders, ferns, mosses, and lichens. Fauna species include, Storks, Kites, wild cats, and many other animals
Why should you live in Jerez de la Frontera?
- The city is great for people who love outdoor activities.
- You can enjoy MotoGP races and football games while living in Jerez.
- Meal is expensive; 2 people can eat foods at restaurants at a price of only 27 euros.